originally from Replenish PDX now adapted by HealthCoach-MD so it’s good for chocolate lovers (and who isn’t one!), people with almond sensitivities, and fits in a 8×13 baking dish, so you can make bars, not squares.
1 3/4 cups cashews or hazelnuts (soaked and toasted in the oven is ideal)
1 3/4 cup walnuts
2/3 cup fresh ground flaxseed
2/3 cup shredded coconut
couple pinches of sea salt
7/8 cup cacao butter
7/8 cup cashew butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
30 drops liquid stevia (add the stevia, mix and taste to bring it to your liking)
7/8 cup goji berries
3T. cacao powder
1 ½ handfuls of cacao nibs
1. Pulse nuts, ground flaxseeds, coconut, nut butter, and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground.
2. Gently melt the cacao butter and cashew butter over low heat. Whisk together. Take off heat, and add vanilla and stevia. Pour into food processor.
3. Add goji berries, cacoa powder, and cacao nibs to food processor.
4. Pulse to create a coarse and pasty mixture.
5. Press mixture into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish .
6. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens. Cut into 24 bars and store in refrigerator.